- Ask God to reach out to the international children attending our Kids Bible Clubs and draw them to a personal commitment to Jesus. We have sown much seed this semester, pray for God to water and grow it.
- Pray for an unnamed Chinese woman who is considering Christ to cross the line of faith and pray to follow Jesus
- Join us in praying for good year-end giving during the month of December. More than 35% of our annual budget come in during the month of December.
- On Friday, December 15 from 7 to 9:30 pm we'll have our Christmas Dinner followed by the movie, "The Nativity Story" about events surrounding the birth of Jesus through the eyes of Mary. It's a great Christmas film. Pray for good weather to facilitate good attendance
- We have extended our hours for the Gingerbread House Decorating Party on Sat., Dec 9 from 10 am to Noon and 4 pm to 6 pm when we found out many of our international kids were scheduled for a school math competition. Pray that this family oriented event will be well attended
- On Sunday, Nov 12 we will baptise a young Chinese mom who prayed to receive Christ at our Operation Christmas Child Shoe Box Packing Party when we showed the video, "The Value of a Soul". Pray for her to be assured of her faith and to grow in Christ.
- We packed 175 Operation Christmas Child Shoe Boxes and will be sending a gift of $1,575. to Samaritan's Purse to cover costs of shipping and distribution. Thanks to everyone who prayed, donated, and helped us pack boxes. Pray for these boxes filled with gifts to be a blessing to the children who receive them.
- Praise the Lord! We have received enough new & upgraded donors so we have received the $2,000. matching grant. Thanks to our new donors, the donor of the matching grant and the Lord!
- We had about 90 internationals attend our Hayride & Cook-Out at the Thomas Farm. I asked God to hold off the rain until we had finished. We returned home at 8:30 pm and the rain poured at 9:30 pm. Yay God!
- Praise God for an answered prayer that was about an impossible situation faced by a student. God answer and the impossible type problem is solved to everyone's benefit. All things are possible with God!
- Praise the Lord for 20 international kids at our first Kids Bible Club on Wednesdays. We also had 9 parents in the Parents Bible Study that runs concurrent with the Kids Club. Our new format when very smoothly. 17 of the 20 kids voluntarily took a Kids Bible! Pray for the Bible to become real and personal to the kids and their parents!
- English Conversation Groups, Easy English Classes, a Seekers Bible Study, Kids Bible Club and Parents Bible Study, and our Women of the World (WOW) Groups all start after Labor Day. Pray that the leaders will be prepared and for international students to attend.
- We have our first Bible study of the semester at our Friday Night Bible & Pizza Party Fridays 7 - 9 pm. Pray for internationals to come and be intrigued by Bible and continue coming.
- Please pray for God's provision for our support each month. Currently (September 2017) our ministry account is low enough that we may have a cut in salary soon. InterFACE will not send us money we do not have. We agree with this no deficit policy. Pray for extra gifts to come in and for us to find new regular donors.
- We are attempting to raise funds to offer partial scholarships and to sunsidize the transportation on our trip to the Ark Encounter and the Creation Museum during the Thanksgiving break. Pray that our donors will respond to this opportunity and for 10-12 internationals to be recruited this Fall.
- Passport to School, our half-day camp to help newly arrived international kids adjust to American public schools will be August 7-11. So far we have 26 kids registered. Pray for the teachers to teach well, for cooperative spirits of the children and for all to learn and have fun this week.
- The Chief of Staff for InterFACE Ministries, Bill Perry, was in a serious car accident last week. He has had serious injury to his brain and is currently in a comma in an ICU in an Albany, GA hospital. It doesn't look good, but pray for a miracle. his family including seven children are with him now. Pray for his wife Jenni as she may need to make critical decisions in the days ahead. Bill is a godly man and his family are all Christians desirous that God's will be done. UPDATE: Bill was eternally healed and went to be with Jesus. Pray for his family as they grieve and celebrate his life.
- Praise the Lord - we received an invitation to have an International Friends Table Display at the Graduate Student Resource Fair on Monday, Aug. 14 from 11am to 12:30 pm and an opportunity to have a table display at the International Student Services Welcome Picnic on Tuesday, Aug. 15 from 1-4 pm at Peace Park. Thank you for your prayers!
- Praise the Lord for all the help we received when we moved to our new condo on Sat., July 8. One week later we contniue moving and getting settled. We are physically exhausted. We are going away for two days next week after we officially move out of our old apartment and turn in the keys. Pray for us to get rest, to be in communion with each other and God and get ready for all the work of New Student outreach that will start on August 7 with the start of Passport to School program for newly arrived international children.
- Our Annual Household Give Away is scheduled for Saturday, August 19 at 10 am. Please pray that local people would donate items to give away free to incoming international students, scholars and their families.
- The day after graduation we attended the baptism of a young man who has been seeking Christ for seven years. He often attended Shirley's Bible study on Friday nights. He graduated with hus Ph.D. and the next day was baptized. He is from China. Pray for him to find a job and to grow in Christ. So far we've seen 14 internationals pray to receive Christ since August 2016
- On April 29 we will have a baptism of a woman from China who prayed to receive Christ at Christmas. Pray for her to share her testimony with confidence and for it to effect the lives of non-Christians attending her baptism.