- On Saturday, October 20 we are planning to have our annual Hayride & Cook-Out at the Thomas Farm near Columbia from 4 to 8:30 pm. We often get as many as 100 internationals to go. Pray for volunteer drivers and for good weather on this day.
- We are having a Dinner and a Movie event on Friday, October 12 from 7 to 9:30 pm showing the film, "What If Jesus Had Never Been Born?" after a pizza and soft drinks supper. Pray for good attendance.
- We have received a matching grant in the amount of $2,500. for all new or upgraded giving pldges of 1 year starting in the month of October. Pray that new donors will begin donating or old donors will upgrade in sufficient amounts that we secure this $2,500 of matcching monies.
- Pray for more new students to come to our Friday Night Bible & Pizza Party.
- Continue to pray for Shirley Colbert's shingles related pain in her head. It still troubles her especially when she is stressed.
- The week following Labor Day is important as all our various ministries start up including English Conversation Groups, Easy English Classes, World of Women group, Thursday Seeker Bible Study, Kids Bible Club on Wednesday with the Parents Bible Study, and our Friday Night Bible & Pizza Party. Pray for a good start to the semester.
- Our Welcome Party is Friday, August 24 from 7 to 9 pm. Pray for internationals and Americans to fill the International Friends Center for sufficient food to be brought and for internationals to feel welcomed. Update: Our welcome party was well attended by Americans and internationals. Thanks for your prayers.
- October 31st is the end of InterFACE Ministries fiscal year and we are currently expected to run about $5,000. short of our budget. Pray for an extra $5,000. to come in in September and October to meet or exceed our budget.
- Pray for donations and volunteers to help with the Household Give Away on Sat. August 18 UPDATE: We had 100+ internationals come to the Household Give away this year. Thanks to all the folks who made donations and to the volunteers who helped.
- Thank God for the teachers, leaders and volunteers helping with our Passport to School program August 6-10. we had 28 Passport to School kids this year
- Pray for us to find volunteers to lead six English Conversation Groups, two Easy English classes, one Seeker's Bible Study, for American women to attend the World of Women group, teachers and assistants for Passport to School and promote donations to the Household Give Away on August 18.
- Pray for the three leaders who are trading off leading our summer English Conversation Group which we call the Summer English Corner on Mondays from 7 to 8 pm.
- The President of InterFACE Ministries, Bob Culver will be resigning from his role as President as soon as a replacement is found. Bob had a serious heart attack a couple months ago and is aging. He will continue as a staff person. Please pray for the national board of directors as they search for a new President for InterFACE Ministries. We had always assumed that Bill Perry, our chief of staff would take this role when the time came, but Bill passed away in a car accident several months ago leaving no clear obvious choice.
- Our Kids Bible Club contnues to grow with 1-3 new kids coming each week. Pray for the Bible stories to be faithfully communicated and understood. Pray for the activity of the Holy Spirit to be present on Wednesday nights. Pray for parwents to come to the Parents Bible Study concurrent with the Kids Bible Club.
- On April 8 we will have a baptism for an 11 year old Chinese girl. Pray for the witness of her baptism to other kids and parents. Pray for her to grow in Christ.